Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekly Verse 12/9

I don't know about you, but I love giving gifts! I mean, I get so excited I want you to open your present BEFORE your birthday, or Christmas Day! I don't enjoy giving gifts for the "thank you" in return; I enjoy giving gifts because it brings joy to someone else. 


I don't know when, or how, my parents instilled this joy of giving in me, but I thank them for it!  


Tonight, I sat in the living room wrapping gifts and thought about each person I was wrapping for. I then started praying for each person as I finished wrapping the gift. I don't know why I did this,  I haven't done it before but I started with one and then it just continued. 


Gifts don't have to be big, or even monetary; gifts can be a simple note, some quality time spent with a loved one, or a baked good. Imagine how much happier our world would be if people were in the giving spirit more often!


This week's verse is simple but true:

The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller. (Proverbs 11:24 MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment