Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013; Hello 2014!!

2013 is coming to an end and I am sitting here thinking, "How in the world did 2013 go by so fast?"  I really think this is the quickest time has ever flown for me...As I'm sitting here reading everyone's posts and watching their video montages I find myself reflecting on my year as well.  As a recap, here is my year in review:

January:
Our niece, Samantha Grace, entered our world on the 6th and everyone's lives changed forever!  Babies and children are such a wonderful blessing!

February:
I joined my first Life Group at Freedom House Church, God Chicks, and it not only strengthened my relationship with Christ but it gave me beautiful new friendships with some amazing women!

March:
Not only did I reach my goal weight this month, but I surpassed it!  I got on the scale this month and weighed LESS than I did in high school, but still had lots of muscle tone!  I am extremely proud of that accomplishment.

April:
Barrett and I took our annual Spring Break trip to a land far, far away.  This year we visited the Riviera Maya.  Unfortunately, we both spent a day and a half in the room recovering from either food poisoning or Montezuma's Revenge.  We're still not sure on that one!

May:
Picked beautiful carnations out of my front flower bed and gave them to my mom and grandmother's as part of their Mother's Day presents!  This month I also attended the May races, as usual, and got to cheer for my favorite driver Kasey Kahne!

June:
I wrapped up another school year and then bolted out the doors and headed to the beach!  My home away from home!

July:
Spent a week in an ocean front home on Oak Island.  This is my only negative post:  The locals are HORRIBLY RUDE, and we will never visit that beach again.  Seriously, if you want to relax go to the Outer Banks, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, or Holden Beach. 

August:
Barrett and I found out that we were expecting!  After years of infertility treatment it was the best surprise that we were pregnant without any fertility help!  God is SO good!

September:
I joined Jamberry Nails.  Wow!  I not only love the nail wraps, but the pay isn't too shabby either.  I LOVE this part-time "job".  By far this is the easiest direct sales job I've ever had.  Everyone loves these nails wraps!
www.sarahdabbs.jamberrynails.net


October:
Celebrated 6 years of marriage to my best friend, Barrett Dabbs!  I fall more in love with him every day!  This month we also watched 2 dear friends get married in Shelby, NC.  Congrats Casey and Nancy Keith!





November:
Found out that our little bundle of joy is a boy.  We had a huge party and are thankful for all of the friends and family who came to support us!  What a wonderful surprise!  Can't wait to meet John Davis Dabbs in April!

December:
Was asked to lead a Life Group at our church along with Kendra Glover!  WOW!  I was completely caught off guard and enthusiastically accepted the challenge.  I can't wait to share the Word and fellowship with some wonderful women next semester! 

So there you have it: My 2013 in Review!  I cannot wait for 2014 for so many reasons, but most of all I am ready to welcome our sweet little boy in April.  I'm sure I'll be posting lots more in the next few months as we prepare for his arrival!

Happy New Year!!

1 comment: