Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekly Verse: 11/12

This past week, I went searching for a verse for this week.  One that would stand out for me, one that I could relate to.  I just couldn't find the right one, ya know?  Of course there were a few verses that I have bookmarked that I could have used, but I was looking for "the right one".  Yesterday morning, I opened my YouVersion Bible App and the verse of the day was absolutely perfect.  It relates to everyone at any point in their journey.

There have been many times when I've been hanging out with my church friends and we begin talking about why we came to Freedom House, how we met our husbands, just general girl talk.  This is part of our bonding and I love the stories we share. 

What I talk about my past sometimes I am ashamed because I strayed away from Christ and the church for many years.  Granted, I do not divulge all of the nitty gritty details, but it's still hard to think about the person I was for a little while. 

However, even with the few details I do give, these women do not judge me; in fact sometimes I feel like they welcome me in to their circle even more.  Because of my past I'm able to have a future.  I have been able to turn my actions, attitude, etc around and I've become someone others can relate to.

I love that regardless of where we've been and what we've done in our past, we can shed that with a promise in Jesus Christ.  Isn't that so uplifting to hear? It warms my heart knowing all my sin is wiped away and I'm renewed each day.

This week's verse:
Brothers and sisters, I know that I still have a long way to go. But there is one thing I do: I forget what is in the past and try as hard as I can to reach the goal before me. (Philippians 3:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment