Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekly Verse: 4/28

It's Sunday evening, you know what that means?  Time for the grumbling "tomorrow is Monday" status to start filling our Facebook news feeds.  I too do not like for my weekend to end.  In fact, I have enjoyed 2 days of getting caught up with things to do around the house.  I have especially enjoyed today: a rainy, lazy Sunday in which Barrett Dabbs and I laid around and cooked some yummy treats.  However as today comes to a close and the work week looms around the corner, I challenge each of you to not look to tomorrow with a daunting attitude.  If you wake up Monday morning with the forethought that "it's going to be ANOTHER terrible Monday" then it probably will be.  But what if you wake up and begin your day with prayer and ask God to help you throughout your Monday.  If you have a positive attitude, and have hope that Monday will be a great day, you may just be surprised at how awesome your day turns out to be.  I am just asking that you start your morning on a positive note, even tomorrow when it's going to be a cold, and rainy Monday (prepare yourself). 

I will be opening car doors in the morning, from 7:00-7:30am, in the pouring rain.  I have 2 choices to make here:  I can be negative and complain about getting to school early just to start my day cold and wet, or I can be positive and take pleasure that I might be the 1st smiling face a student sees tomorrow.  I plan to be positive and welcome each student as they get out of their cars with smile on my face and a cheerful "Good Morning!"  How will you start your day?

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13, NIV)

Have a Blessed week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment