Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekly Verse 4/21

"This is the only race worth running. I've run hard right to the finish, believed all the way." (2 Timothy 4:7, The Message).

I've recently taken up running and have completed 3 5k races since February. I try to improve with each race, and have set personal goals each time. I would like to win my age group this year and this is an important goal I've set for myself. To do this I must focus on my training, and continue to improve. There will be days when I don't want to train, and I will need to remember my goal, my finish line. We have a similar situation as Christians and throughout this race we are tempted not to train. We're too busy, too tired, or just don't want to obey; the list of temptations is endless, but we can stay strong through prayer, belief, trust, hope, and faith.

Our most important race is the one we are in right now. Our finish line doesn't come with a shiny gold medal that will fade and get packed away or lost during a move. Our finish line is everlasting life with a Father who loves us unconditionally.

As I finish this entry, I am reminded of the Boston Marathon tragedy. I ask that you continue to keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment