Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekly Verse 4/14: Part 1

Since we were out of the country last week and sick as dogs, I neglected my weekly post. So this week I have 2 verses.
The first is from my devotional that stuck out to me last week while I was studying.
Psalms 45:4 tells us to "Go out in your greatness to win the victory for what is true and right. Let us see the amazing things you can do with your powerful right arm" (ERV). Upon first reading this I was thinking very literally, that we are to be great and what is right. I began to think more and meditate on this verse and realized that there is so much more meaning. Yes, we are to do what is right, but this doesn't just refer to right vs wrong. Instead we are to look to our greatness, or look to our talents. How can our talents be used for the good of God? After all, He is our Creator and therefore responsible for our talents. How can we use what He has given us to worship Him and lead others to Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment