Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Blueberry Power Muffins

I love blueberry muffins, but they aren't something I typically go out and buy. When I saw a recipe recently for the power muffins I knew I could tweak it a little and have a deliciously healthy snack. These things are so yummy!  I'll definitely be making these more often!

You’ll need:

Makes 12 regular muffins (depending how full you pack your muffin tin)

no-stick cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup oats–quick or regular oats, plain
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 ounces honey nonfat greek yogurt 
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries

Heat oven to 350°.
Coat muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. 
Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a second bowl.
Fold yogurt mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine completely.
Gently fold in blueberries.
Spoon into muffin tins.

Bake until top is golden and springs back when you gently touch it, 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment