Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekly Verse: 9/15

I'm sure this won't come as a surprise to most of you, but I LOVE football season - college football and NFL. I love spending my Saturday and Sunday watching all the games. I love having a big spread of food to munch on, yelling at the tv, and watching some great athletes! I am amazed by the amount of talent these players possess. 

Take the Manning family for instance - they have true talent! Some would say that it is genetic and that they boys were destined to be great football players because of how great their dad was. But there's more to their ability than just genetics and a family background. 

Look at Adrian Peterson - a player who many would argue is the most talented Running Back in the history of football. He states that his trainer is a big part of his success. He may play a part in Peterson's success, but he's not the real reason for it.

The list of great football players goes on and on. All having magnificent talents in different positions. But one thing remains the same: the source of their talent. Every single one of these players has a God-given talent. He has given them their athletic abilities! Some will give credit to God, but many do not. 

I won't waste time speculating if those who don't give credit to Him are Christians or not, that's not my intent and it's not for me to judge. 

This week's verse focuses on humility and giving God credit for our abilities.  What are your abilities? Have you thanked God for them? Have you given Him credit?

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, (II Corinthians 3:5 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment