Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekly Verse: 6/16

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling." (Psalm 68:5 NIV)

What a wonderful day to celebrate dads!! I hope everyone had a great Father's Day! I didn't get to see my dad today, I will next weekend for his birthday, but I did get to talk to him. It was very nice and as usual, he directed the conversation to me...isn't it funny how dads do that? They always focus on their children, especially their "little girls". 

As today wraps up though, I'm thinking of my friends and loved ones who don't have a dad to call. Now, maybe you've never had a dad around or maybe you've lost one recently, either way today can be difficult or stir up new-found emotions. To you, I want to say:  you do have a Father! You have the greatest Father of all. He loves you, forgives you, and wants SO much for you to be happy! You an be His little girl, His champ, His buddy, etc. 
He is a Father to the Fatherless!

No comments:

Post a Comment