Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekly Verse: 5/26

This week's verse is "Always be full of joy. Never stop praying. Whatever happens, always be thankful. This is how God wants you to live in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ERV).

It is so easy to be joyful when things are going well, life seems easy, and everything feels like it's falling into place! But what about the other times? The times when you're having financial problems, or work is grueling and wearing you down. These are the times when it is most difficult to be joyful.

Barrett and I have been struggling to start a family for almost 4 years now. I did not start this journey with a joyful heart. In fact, I was very bitter and jaded and continually asked God, "Why me?" I spent a lot of time trying to place blame or search for an answer, but I was not willing to listen to Him.

I turned my thinking around the last several months and have begun having conversations with God. Asking Him to give me wisdom, understanding, peace, and a joyful heart. I have turned to reading His word; studying it and meditating on it. Memorizing scripture and speaking it out loud. People around me have noticed a change. I'm happier! I'm joyful! I'm more kind and loving than I have been in 4 years.

No I'm not pregnant, yet ;-) but I know I that it will happen in His timing. As much as I LOVE to have control, I have given this need to Him. He will provide for me, and while I wait I will do so with a joyful and thankful heart.

Is there something you're waiting for? Have you surrendered and given God the control? I can honestly say that if you do, you may not get what you want immediately, but you will find peace and joy! Turn it over to Him, He can handle so much more than we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment