Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Wreath Success!!

After cleaning up after our 6th Annual Turkeys Gone Wild party it suddenly felt odd to be sitting around with nothing to do.  I decided to take on a new task and make my first Christmas Wreath.
I ran to AC Moore and grabbed a foam wreath, 4 spools of ribbon, and a few sprigs of berries.
(PS - I did not want to use hot glue because it is so messy so everything in attached to the foam via staples and straight pins)

Step 1 - I covered the outer part of the wreath with red ribbon, stapling the ribbon in place in mulitple places.
Step 2 - I cut 6 1/2  in strips of the green and light gold ribbon

Step 3 - I folded and stapled the green and light gold ribbon to the wreath, alternating the colors.
Step 4 - I added the sprigs of berries
Step 5 - I cut 6 1/2 inch strips of the red ribbon and stapled it to the undersid of the wreath.
Step 6 - I used straight pins to put 4 inch strips of the deep gold ribbon in behind the green ribbon
Step 7 - I took red ribbon and wrapped it around the top of the wreath for hanging.

(The flash made the wreath look a lot shinier than it really is - I will retake a picture during the day and repost soon)



In all this wreath took me about 35 minutes to assemble... I can't wait to see what I can do with more time on my hands!

Until the next craft . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment